ERIC COLLINS | SHAREHOLDER
Eric started his career at a large, well-known Kansas City law firm creating a strong base of business law expertise. His practice is focused in the areas of business transactions, including commercial finance, real estate finance, real estate, development, land use and public finance and construction law.
Eric has represented clients ranging from entrepreneurs and small businesses to large corporations, including banks, real estate developers, contractors, business owners, officers and shareholders both for general business and for-profit as well as for not-for-profit organizations.
Born and raised in Osceola, a small town in southwestern Missouri, Eric attended Osceola Public Schools until his graduation in 1990. After high school, he attended Missouri State University, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, with a minor in Biology. He received his law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. Eric and his wife, Angie, have two children and currently reside in Raymore, Missouri.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate
- Banking and Finance
- General and Corporate Business
- For-profit and Not-for-profit Business Representation
- B.S., Chemistry, with a minor in Biology, Missouri State University
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
AWARDS | HONORS | ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2021 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2020 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2019 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2018 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2017 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2016 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers List Selection*
- 2015 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars List Selection*
- 2014 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars List Selection*
- Law Review: University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review, Articles & Symposia Editor
*The Super Lawyers List is issued by Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Courts of the State of Missouri or the State of Kansas.
- American Bar Association
- Cass County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Husch Blackwell LLP, Attorney, 2005 – 2009
- Eric W. Collins, Level 3 v. Federal Insurance: Do You Know What is in Your Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Policy?, 73 UMKC L. Rev. 199 (2004).
- Belton-Raymore Rotary Club 2012 – Present; Board of Directors 2014 – 2018; President-Elect 2015 – 2016; President 2016 – 2017
- Raymore Chamber of Commerce; Board of Directors 2015 – 2017; Vice President 2016; President 2017; Board of Directors 2020 – Present